Thursday 17 June 2010

NOTD 6 - Rimmel Shocker

It's been ages again hasn't it, if everyone is bored to death of this non-event of a blog I would so understand, loads of stuff going on and not enough time to do the things I want to, sure you can relate! As is usual when I have time to do one post I generally do two, have updated my photo blog today as well with photos of Tom on his last day at school - he is too handsome!

Not my usual sort of colour this one, don't really do pink but Em wanted it to match the maxi dress she has bought for her hols and having seen it on her I rather fancied it for a change. Its one of those nice electric pinks with a sort of bluey ish flash. For some reason I have always associated this colour with my Aunty Helen, who I met when I was 14 and filled with self-loathing and in inveterate nail biter! She has the most gorgeous hands and fantastic nails and I was so envious and was convinced if I could stop biting my nails they would look like hers. Hmm, not so much! So in my head this is "aunty Helen pink"!

Photobucket


S'cuse the rather gleaming cuticles, grabbed my brush and oil combo and was painting away when I remembered that I had recently dipped the brush in the olive oil I was using so instead of a bit of gentle moisturising I was achieving full on oil slick!

Really like the Rimmel formula, not mad keen on the brush - I have very small nails and on my smallest the brush is almost too wide. The polish is lovely though, this is 2 coats with no top coat yet. Just a shame the Rimmel colours aren't more exciting, much as I love Barry M colours I don't think that anyone would argue that the brushes and the formula on some of them can be a bit tricky. That said bought the bright green one at the weekend, more of a jelly than the more recent pastels I have bought but I loved it on, must take photo next time I wear it! Oh and Em and I got the Barry M blue glitter which is craaaaaaaazy - looks fab on her, not sure I wouldnt be back in transvestite territory but might give it a whirl!

1 comment:

  1. As Aunty Helen's daughter, I understand this. It totally reminds me of her as well!! x

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, I always read comments and reply and I love not feeling like I am talking to myself! dx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...