Wednesday 21 July 2010

NOTD 9 - Models Own Blue Lagoon

After all the love I was feeling for Lilac Dream poor old Blue Lagoon was always going to be hard pushed to measure up. Factor in that I didn't even want Blue Lagoon but purchased it in lieu of Beth's Blue it really was on a hiding to nothing! No surprise then that I am a bit meh about this one. Application was great, opaque in 2 coats and its nice and thin - cant stand gloopy polish, did the nails inc caviar base and top, both of which are getting a massive thumbs up from me, especially the base - again hate hate hate thick gloopy base coats that don't meld with the nail but rather sit on it, this nail inc base does just that (meld, that is! m. e. l. d. - great word) so that you get the same application from your polish as you would if it was going straight onto the nail and the top coat gives my nails a super smooth feeling which I love. Lilac dream/nails inc combo wore really well, got from Sunday til Weds pm out of it so am happy with that and was almost tempted to re-do the Lilac Dream was loving it so. In fact am on verge of justifying purchase of Illamasqua Wink on basis that as I love lilac cream above all other then shouldn't I really actually have the mutha of all lilac creams? Now all I need to do is come up with a compelling argument that not even Steve "spend it and die" will be able to refute!

Enough blather here's the pics. Taken outside in light, but nonetheless bloody annoying, drizzle.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(If I seem a little cranky blame the slimfast. Have had to take myself in hand and gone back to the gym and cut out eating in an attempt to kick start a bit of a downward shift in my weight - curvy is good, bloater not so much!)

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh I like! Don't own any Models Own. Boots in Liverpool doesn't stock it ;o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne, worth having a quick look in River Island as they have some in the one in Huddersfield. *STOP PRESS* I have good news for you!! Just had a quick look at modelsownit website and it will be in Boots at Clayton Square Shopping Centre from 27th July and they are showing a number of other Boots stores in Liverpool too so hopefully one will be close especially if they are doing their 2 for £8 promo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I only just saw this, so I apologise for the tardy (word of the day!) response. Ooooooh need to go to Boots tomorrow, so I shall take a look and report back. 2 for £8 is a bargain.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, I always read comments and reply and I love not feeling like I am talking to myself! dx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...